Sunday, 24 November 2019

Doggy sweaters.

My girls in their sweaters.

This one has gone to Cyprus for a rescue dog to have.

Bernat Baby Blanket - so soft!

A blanket made from Bernat Baby Blanket yarn and the Crochet Crew pattern called Candy-ghan, basically a solid granny square. I'm not totally happy with the puckering, the yarn is lovely and soft and very washable. It's for my great niece born in South Wales who lives in the mountains and I hope it will keep her warm.

Rainbow baby.

A rainbow outfit and blanket for a rainbow baby called Maya. All made with Stylecraft yarns, the rainbow colour yarn is Wondersoft Merry Go Round, and there is a tiny bit of King Cole baby yarn on the blue headband because I ran out of rainbow.
The dress and bolero is a free pattern by Just Crochet. The booties were also made from a free pattern by Hopeful Honey, called Pink Lady Baby Booties, and the headband pattern, which goes up to adult size, is also free from Crochet Dreamz.

The star blanket was from a pattern in Inside Crochet magazine.

Saturday, 23 November 2019

Bobble hats.

 This is the Two Brothers Blankets Joey hat. I got the pattern free in return for a pledge to make at least one for a cancer unit. The dark blue one went to the Macmillan support centre at the hospital that treated my husband.

I just happened to have a lucky dip selection of three skeins of Caron Simply Soft, the same yarn used in the pattern, they were all different weights and I have some oddments left - maybe a striped Joey next.
I made the pompom with my new Rico pompom maker, which sadly snapped in the bag and I've had it a while and can't remember where I bought it, or the other sizes.

Monday, 18 February 2019

Well hello there!

I’ve not blogged for ages, years! I just don’t seem to have time these days.

I finally finished Persian Tiles in Stylecraft Life by Janie Crow. It still needs blocking when I can wrestle it away from Mable, I’m waiting for nicer weather to do that. After my previous post I left it, I lost the pattern and bought it again, then found the first copy. I only had to finish the last two rows on each large motif, complete a less finished one, join them and do the border. Phew it’s done, quite a relief really.  I’m working on a circular Tunisian crochet cushion to use the leftover yarn now.
It’s been a dhalk Meg, a totally new technique so there has been much frogging, I like it.